Saturday, August 15, 2015

Integration and Free Attention

Being me and doing more....

Each day has brought some new movement and interesting pieces of integration.



Today I woke up and had the grace of coaching 3 people through Avatar® exercises. This really helped me move forward into action. I feel ready and inspired to keep stretching, bring it on!

I decided to take a look at something that any person with any physical challenge such as spinal cord injury may have a hard time looking at...body limitations. After my shower I explored with an Avatar tool that helps you to dis-create what you choose and then deliberately decide what you would like to create in regards to body impressions. This brought instant release, insight, and new motivation to take more responsibility.

Then I chose another powerful tool and ran myself through the process. I almost immediately hit an emotional vortex that I have been apparently creating "over" for quite some time. In only 20 minutes I feel like I went on a journey that spanned a lifetime if not lifetimes of pain, sadness, and a whole lot of self criticism.

Now at the end of today, I have a very different perspective of my body and a new motivation to create forward. In fact.....I am feeling that the next "21 day challenge" will be geared toward overcoming the physical slacking off....so perhaps a 21 day Stand and Walk challenge to see how much I can actually do.




I realize I didn't give much detail about this challenge I chose. SO ~ why this Challenge to "Be me and Do more" ?

Well, I've been seeing myself starting to settle into a dusty self and I was ready to reinvigorate my creative side and take bigger action steps in my life. I want to move towards what I feel I am capable of creating.

So I decided to do these 5 things each day for 22 days......
1~ Some form of body care or exercise
2~ Exploring at least one Avatar tool to integrate moving forward in my life as source
3~ Do anything creative
4~ Taking a small action step
5~ Share wins, document insights, and blog

I'm really enjoying the process...and boy has it turned up some long "unfelt" "feeeeelings"!!! ~ but never have I been so grateful to cry.....because I always wanted to know how "other people" could cry so easily at something sad or even something joyful! I was so shut down to feeling before I took the Avatar course 3 years ago. The process of using the tools has gently and compassionately guided me back into my heart so that when I decide to look into areas of fixed attention....I can feel what is really there. I feel that I am actually moving forward instead of pretending I am ok....saying everything is light....and forcing a "no worries" attitude.

And the band keeps playing on!!! ~ Ready for some big changes and loving the small steps of the journey. I am learning to appreciate that my BIG dreams are going to take some time, some patience, and some mistakes along the way to be created.

Sending my love and gratitude out into the world.

Love, Laurie













Avatar® is a registered trademark of Star's Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer~ The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent Star's Edge International's positions, strategies, or opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment